The meaning of colors for your BEDROOM
Colors are nonverbal communication that create physical and emotional reactions.
Wow that is kind of heavy but this is true when working with room decor especially the BEDROOM!
Consider these “meanings” when you choose a color for your BEDROOM!!
COOL COLORS tend to have a calming effect. Positive Attributes – we all need that!!
- Blue is strong, important, peaceful, and intelligent, harmony, unity, trust, truth, security, confidence, conservatism, order, sky, water, cold, technology, cleanliness, depression, loyalty, immortality, stability, masculinity and protection. Who would not want some of these attributes in your bedroom??
- GREEN signals growth, health, environment, and harmony. Nature, health, good luck, renewal, youth, vigor, spring, generosity, fertility. Oh and don’t forget green with jealousy, inexperience, envy, misfortune, start signal (the mind runs wild!)
WARM COLORS convey emotions from simple optimism to strong inner feelings.
- RED is all about love, passion, heat, joy, and power
- Pink is sweet, nice, romantic, playful, and delicate
- Yellow is happy, joyful, cheerful, and for remembrance
- Gold represents riches, extravagance, brightness, and tradition
- Orange is energy, warmth, change, and health
Black and brown also carry warm attributes.
PURPLE is in a class by itself!!
If you were lucky enough to have this bed – what color would you go for on the walls?
Remember we are talking BEDROOMS here – Your Bedroom.
Because beige is no way to start the day. It is not even on the list!
YOUR bedroom should be your one place for a peaceful retreat.
Of course there are other considerations like texture, lighting, Zen (if you are into that) and of course if you have a partner who shares this room – there is a definite consideration!!
Enjoy picking out your new colors and getting a fresh start. Of course, when it comes to fabrics, window treatments, pillows and other bedroom dressings – we are the experts at blending your color choices into the beautiful new retreat. Please call Xquisite Design and we can work together whether it is cool or warm – it is always beautiful and always YOURS!!